the randomness of lawrence

insight, take it or leave it. ongoings, going on.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An insult to his mother?!?!

I got pretty into the FIFA World Cup over the last month or so. Originally I was hoping for England while also pulling for France. Once England got knocked out, it was "Allez Les Bleus" all the way. I was excited to watch them advance into the big final. I was really hoping for them to win, especially as a fitting way for Zinedine Zidane to end his career. Or so I thought. They had a decent game going during extra time, seemingly headed to penalty kicks to decide it all. Then one of the best penalty kickers in the world went ahead and headbutted Marco Materazzi. Along with much of the rest of the world, I was surprised. Very surprised. Wow.

Then, watching the news tonight, Zizou revealed that what set him off was an insult to his mother. Whaaaaa? An insult to his mother (possibly) lost the World Cup for France. Damn. That's a little much, if you ask me. I was prepared to defend Zidane if it was something worse, like being called something like a dirty terrorist... This is a little different. Crappy, crappy deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home