the randomness of lawrence

insight, take it or leave it. ongoings, going on.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

sitting here.

I am the world's best procrastinator. Not only am I great at task avoidance, I am pretty darn good at convincing myself that the procrastination is OK. Haha. I can pull the wool over my own eyes. That's talent, I tell you. I finally printed off cover letters to get on with my job hunt. It only took 5 tries to get the letter printed without mistakes and whatnot. It's a good thing I have a full package of paper...

Work has been interesting lately, been taking on a lot of responsibility that may or may not be something I should do (depending on who you ask). For the most part, I appreciate the responsibility. It tells me that the people I work with trust me enough. That's good. Job descriptions are mere suggestions, right?

I think that June 9th is never going to come. I want it to be June tomorrow. I want it. I want it now. Too bad life doesn't work that way. I think the week after June 9th is going to be a little nutso. It will start of with waiting to find out if I get into U of M. After that, the next step will be (a) Jubilation and extreme happiness if I get accepted or (b) I don't even want to think about (b). Let's just hope for (a), OK?

My mom and I went to a funeral for the mother of one of my mom's nursery students on Monday. It was hard. It was difficult for me, but I can't imagine what other people go through in these situations. Geez... On the upside, the girl didn't wait five minutes after the funeral to come find my mom and talk to her. It just shows the relationships we can build with our students. This girl could have gone to anyone in the room, yet she chose her teacher, someone she felt comfortable with, someone she could trust. Wow. Talk about positively influencing the kids. Cool.

Final words: Long weekend AND Da Vinci Code this weekend. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see what effect teachers/coaches can have on kids?

I know one of your well... old new swimmers (?) Jen, and you can ask her about that.

3:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home