the randomness of lawrence

insight, take it or leave it. ongoings, going on.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

masters nats

Yesterday, at the gong show, 'one-pool-is-closed-so-we'll-just-swim-three-groups-in-three-lanes' practice, one of the coaches came up to me and started talking about how masters nationals is going to be in winnipeg next year. He suggested that maybe I give it a go. I couldn't help but laugh. Really, think about it - do I really want to be racing at this point (or then)? I can't speak for what I will be thinking then, but right now, I can't see how I'd do it. I mean really, I'd have to actually train in order to avoid embarrasment. If I'd ever been able to sprint, it might've been a different story...but really, do I see myself swimming a 200 fly or 400 im in the next year and a half? No. So...when you see me doing some form of individual event at Masters Nationals next winter, slap me. Please. (Unless of course the COUGARS are going to be in attendance).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home